Truth For Life is an international radio and digital-based Bible-teaching ministry that teaches the truth of Scripture with uncompromising clarity and applicability to everyday life. The ministry exists to teach the Bible with clarity and relevance so that unbelievers will be converted, believers will be established and local churches will be strengthened.
A 501(C)3 non-profit organization, Truth For Life employs a team of skilled professionals (see our team) with broad experience in digital communications, operations management, marketing, project management and audio production.
Encountering a season of exponential growth, Truth For Life is adding experienced professionals to its staff and is seeking individuals to fill the following open positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Understand and embrace our desire to see unbelievers converted, believers established, and local churches strengthened.
- Handle phone calls, e-mail, and postal mail from listeners in the U.S., Canada, and other countries.
- Respond to listener communication in a professional, courteous, and prompt manner.
- Process orders and donations.
- Troubleshoot and assist customers with basic technical difficulties (i.e. downloading an MP3 file, troubleshooting online account setup, app download and installation, etc).
- Update and maintain listener accounts in the constituent database.
- Prioritize and organize daily projects based upon degree of importance and level of urgency.
- Answer questions and help listeners find specific teachings and other resources.
- Field listener feedback and prayer requests.
- Actively seek to stay connected to ministry happenings through the daily broadcast, emails, and website features.
Essential skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on phone etiquette.
- Attention to detail and desire for quality service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proactive approach to learning and customer service.
- Strong computer skills and experience with windows based systems.
- Ability to type 70 words per minute.
- Keen ability to actively listen and anticipate questions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle consecutive phone calls efficiently and effectively.
Additional desired skill
- Bilingual English/Spanish would be a plus.
Some customer service or professional phone operator experience is preferred. Are you interested in joining the team? The first step in applying with Truth For Life is completing our Topgrading assessment tool, which gives us a complete picture of your background and experience. The Topgrading tool is located here:
Applicants must complete the Topgrading assessment in order to be considered for this position. The position will remain posted until filled. Please email questions to: Mike Costlow.
The mission of the Content Manager is to uphold our mission to teach the Bible with excellence, and reputation for clear and consistent Bible teaching. The Content Manager directly oversees the Content Creation team and owns the process of all new TFL Biblical content creation. This person has a primary responsibility for protecting and enhancing the teaching of Alistair Begg through the production of audio, written and video content.
- Ensure all delivery channels are filled with content and no channel is lacking in variety or quality.
- Final content quality accountability is the Content Managers. All content must meet TFL's high standards of excellence and theological soundness.
- Work with Communications, Station Relations and Digital teams to package and promote content to specific audiences and maximize distribution channels.
- Encourage creative thinking among the content team, and mine the content archive to produce new formats of teaching.
- Check references, spelling, grammar, writing style, design and images of all content with an ownership of TFL brand and style.
- Support One Page Strategic Plan Priorities.
- Create Key Performance Indicators to measure performance.
- Develop a world-class content team through recruitment, coaching, training and project planning.
- Passion: Personally driven to spread the Gospel around the world and into the next generation
- Judgment: Exceptional ability to analyze and provide meaningful insight and recommendations. Respects objective and subjective elements of decision making.
- Team Player: Reaches out to peers. Overcomes we-they. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for the organization. Inspires positive team culture in which individuals rally behind common goals.
- Creativity: Thinks outside the box and can generate original approaches to content creation and process improvements.
- Experience: Comfortable providing critique based on past learning and deep knowledge of Truth For Life.
- Empowerment: Trains and coaches others to enable production of excellent content needing minimal editing changes.
- Goal Setting: Identifies goals and energizes the content team to achieve more than believed possible.
- Excellence: Settles for no less than the best. Willing to work until a project is completed to exacting standards, no matter the effort.
- Resourcefulness: Able to do more with less. Always looking to improve efficiency. Works smarter.
If you have questions, please contact Mike Costlow.
Finance and Human Resources Manager
The Finance and Human Resources Manager has the primary responsibility for TFL’s accounting and human resources functions as follows:
- Accounting functions include (1) all aspects of internal and external financial and tax reporting that comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards; (2) the maintenance of accounting systems based on a comprehensive set of accounting procedures and internal controls; and (3) oversight of the budgeting process designed to both mitigate risk and insure the accuracy of TFL’s reported financial results.
- Human Resources functions include the development of a high-performance culture aligned with TFL’s mission which emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment and compliance with TFL’s standards of conduct. In collaboration with TFL’s leadership team the Manager will be engaged in recruiting and the ongoing development of a superior workforce and will have a shared responsibility for the development of processes and related metrics supporting the achievement of TFL’s goals through the effective use and cultivation of staff. The Manager will have oversight for employee compensation, benefit programs, as well as, the administration of related employee services, policies, and other programs and will assist and advise TFL’s managers on Human Resources matters.
Desired Qualifications: The Manager should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration and a minimum of 10 to 30+ years of progressively responsible experience with a significant company or non-profit organization. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Who should apply? Anyone and everyone who qualifies: Recent college graduate; successful business person looking for the next opportunity; men and women with CPA/HR experience. Is that you? We’re looking for the right person to bring care, concern and management to these critical areas of the ministry. Let us know of your interest by applying today.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed. Periodic weekend or evening work as circumstances require.
Supervises: Accounting staff
Reports to: Executive Vice President
If you have questions, please contact Mike Costlow.